Getting Down to the Nitty-Gritty of Moving to AU for Work

The laidback lifestyle, the beautiful beaches, and more than 240 days of sunshine a year together are hugely attractive for those looking for a new place to live and work. But these are not the only reasons that make Australia an appealing destination. Melbourne has been ranked for five years consecutive as the most liveable city in the world and Sidney, Adelaide and Perth are among the worldwide top eight.

But before you start making plans to move to Australia, you will need to get a visa. A professional immigration consultant is the best person to help you choose the right visa and handle your application process properly. Based on your skills, a professional immigration consultant will find out what visa you are eligible and will create a detailed strategy so you have the best chance of success.

Professional Immigration Consultant

According to immigration professionals, a temporary skilled visa is one of the most common ways to move to Australia. The visa allows companies to sponsor employees from abroad for up to four years if their skills are in demand. Nurses and engineers have great chances to obtain a visa.

When considering moving to Australia permanently, it is important to start planning for it before you finish your education. Experts recommend studying mainstream qualifications that are internationally recognized. If you are still in education, you can also choose to spend two years at an Australian university which make you eligible for a temporary graduate visa that will allow you to live and work in Australia for 18 months after graduating.

Picking an Employer

While getting a job before landing in Australia can be difficult, it is worth trying. Lately, more and more companies are performing interviews trough Skype. However, choosing the right employer to sponsor you is essential. This is because you will be tied to one company to stay legally in the country and you can only change jobs if another company agree to take over the sponsorship.

Working Holiday Visa

If you can not find a company to employ you and you are under 31, you can consider the option of a working holiday visa. This visa allows individuals to work and live in Australia for a year. Meanwhile, you can try to find a company to sponsor you. When looking for a job, make sure it is eligible for sponsorship. Also, make sure you will enjoy the work. Immigration experts say that it is common to see people ending up in jobs they don’t want so they can get sponsored. Remember that this can lead you to be stuck in a job that you hate.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s