It’s hard not to love sterling silver jewelry. Between its brightness, brilliance, and versatility, it’s pretty easy to figure out why silver is one of the most popular materials for designing jewelry.
Still, many of us avoid using all the beautiful silver jewelry for one simple and annoying reason: tarnish. When oxygen or sulfur come in contact with silver, the silver appears dirty or discoloured.
Fortunately, caring for silver and reducing tarnish is quite simple. All you need is to learn something more about this metal, and practice some of the following tips and tricks for cleaning and taking proper care of it. This ultimate guide, will help you start wearing your amazing silver jewelry again with all its shine!
If by know, you still don’t have at least one or two silver pieces like silver necklace, silver bracelet, silver ring or silver earrings Australia‘s reliable online stores will provide you with the best of the best.
When it comes ti silver jewelry, especially some interesting and unique silver earrings Australia experts recommend you to take some of the following steps in order to remove the tarnish and bring them back to life.
Silver Cloth To The Rescue
- Rinse The Silver Piece – Take your silver earrings or some other silver piece of jewelry and rinse it in warm water.
- Dry The Silver – Take it out the water, put it on a soft and dry cloth and wipe it down just to dry it.
- Polish – For this step you will need a specially designed silver cloth in order to remove the unwanted tarnish. Take the piece of silver jewelry, put it in the cloth and by using back-and-forth motions rub it all over. Continue until no more tarnish comes off onto the cloth.
Silver Cleaning Solution
- Rinse The Silver Piece – Take your silver jewelry and rinse it in warm water.
- Dry The Silver – Take it out the water on a dry soft cloth, and dry it off gently.
- Silver Cleaning Fluid – Let the silver sit in the silver cleaning liquid, swish around a little bit and dry it with dry soft cloth.
Silver Cleaning Paste For Complex Designs
- For an intricate designed jewelry, you can use a silver cleaning paste to get rid off tarnish.
- Polish the grooves very gently with a cloth or a wet and soft toothbrush. To clean the surface, rub gently with an up-and-down motion, rinse and blot dry with dry and clean soft cloth.
In case you don’t have the time to clean your silver pieces, take them to a professional silver cleaner. If you posses an old, fragile, or valuable silver pieces like silver earrings Australia experts recommend that they should also be cleaned by a professional.